Blue Door Text:
The Orkney Archaeology Society will be in the Blue Door from Monday 10th April – Saturday 15th April 2017.
A successful Blue Door week can raise in the region of £3,000 for the Society’s funds, but since most items are priced £1 - £3 we need lots of things to sell – the Blue Door managers recommend that one transit van full PER DAY is about the right amount.
We are appealing to all our Orkney members to start saving their unwanted goods NOW!
Things that sell well at the Blue Door are:
· Good quality adult & children’s clothing of any type, shoes and boots (but no damaged items or missing buttons, no bobbly jumpers)
· Cushions & cushion covers, patchwork quilts etc. in good condition
· Bric-a-Brac, pots & pans, crockery, ornaments, coins, collectibles, framed pictures, old fashioned clocks even if not going (enthusiasts buy old clocks to renovate)
· Children’s toys
· Tools, sports equipment, fishing tackle, household equipment
· Small items of furniture e.g. stools, small bookcases, lamps
· Some books of the glossy coffee table type are acceptable, but NOT paperbacks or novels, there is very limited display space for books.
We can arrange collection of your goods if you have a reasonable amount, otherwise you can drop them off during the early to middle part of the week.
If you would like to volunteer to help in the Blue Door please let us know. We have to provide as a minimum one person per day and two on Saturday, but it doesn’t have to be for a whole day, a morning, or afternoon, or just a few hours would be fine.